Please upgrade your browser.

We’ll stop supporting this version of your browser soon. Upgrade now to protect your accounts and enjoy a better experience.?See your choices.

Please update your browser.

We'll stop supporting Internet Explorer? soon. Choosing another browser will also help protect your accounts and provide a better experience.

Update your browser


Having an issue or problem with a credit card charge?

Having concerns with a charge?

Charged for something you canceled or ordered something that never arrived? Charge errors happen and you can dispute them.


If you see a charge you don't recognize and think it may be fraud,

learn more here

Here’s a quick way to resolve your concerns:

1. Review the details of the charge

You can review transaction details on your account such as the merchant's name, phone number, and your past activity with the merchant.

How to access more detail about your transaction

2. Contact the merchant

Merchants can resolve charge errors within a few days, where it can sometimes take banks weeks to resolve. As a reminder, keep track of the date you contacted the merchant and any additional information they provide.

Tips to get the most out of your conversation with the merchant:


How to make it count:

  1. Tell the merchant the date of the transaction, amount, and your concern
  2. Ask for a solution and next steps
  3. Note the merchant's response

Here's what you might want to write down:

  1. The date and time you contacted the merchant
  2. The name of the person you interacted with
  3. The date you expect to see an adjustment

3. Still not resolved? We'll look into it

If the error hasn't been resolved, sign in to your Chase account, find the transaction, choose the arrow and follow the instructions to start a dispute. We'll investigate on your behalf.

You may be asked to provide details that you gathered during steps 1 and 2 above. The more details you provide, the quicker your dispute may be resolved. Investigating a dispute may take 30-60 days.

Need to dispute a transaction on your business card?


To dispute a business card transaction, please call the number on the back of your card or write to us at:
Customer Service, PO Box 15299, Wilmington, DE 19850-5299.

Still have questions? See the FAQs below.

Charge Errors vs. Fraudulent Charges

billing disputes
Charge Error

A charge error is a transaction you recognize but appears to be incorrect, such as:

  • A recurring transaction or trial subscription you canceled
  • A product or service you never received or received late
  • A one-time purchase you returned or canceled, and you still haven’t received a credit
  • A charge higher than the amount on your receipt
  • A product or service you received and are dissatisfied with
  • Your card was charged even though you used cash or a different card
  • The same card was charged more than once for the same transaction
quality disputes
Fraudulent Charge

A fraudulent charge is a transaction that wasn't made by you or anyone authorized to use your account. You have confirmed:

  • This charge wasn't made by another authorized user on your account
  • You haven't let anyone else use your card
  • You have reviewed the transaction detail keeping in mind some merchants use a different name or address for billing purposes and still don't recognize it


If your card is lost or stolen, or you think someone used your account without permission, tell us immediately by calling 1-800-432-3117.

Credit Card Disputes FAQs

How do I stop or cancel a charge?


The fastest way may be to contact the merchant to resolve your issue.

Can I dispute a pending charge?


You’ll need to wait for the transaction to post before you can dispute it.

How long do I have to dispute a credit card charge?


Submit your dispute within 60 days of the transaction first appearing on your statement. You can't dispute a pending transaction; you have to wait until it posts.

How long will it take to resolve a dispute?


The time it takes to resolve your dispute depends on the type of dispute and the merchant, but it usually takes 30-60 days.

Keep in mind, disputes are often resolved more quickly if you contact the merchant first to resolve your dispute.

Can I cancel a dispute I already submitted?


To cancel a dispute, call us at 1-888-489-8452. We also accept operator relay calls. If you're deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability, call 711 for assistance.

Do I have to pay the disputed amount?


You should continue to make at least the minimum payment on your credit card balance. Most of the time, you won't be charged interest or any other fees for the amount in dispute. We'll remove the disputed amount from your required payment until it's resolved.

What do I do when I see an unauthorized charge?


If your card is lost or stolen, or you think someone used your account without permission, tell us immediately by calling 1-800-432-3117.

How do I remove pending charges from my account?


Only a merchant can cancel your pending transaction. If they don't respond or refuse to cancel it, you can dispute the transaction once it posts to your account.

同乐成体育 <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <文本链> <文本链> <文本链> <文本链> <文本链> <文本链>